To properly celebrate the new year, every single Ascension Epoch e-book is now on sale for only $0.99 on Amazon. This special deal will only last until January 13th, so hurry, hurry, hurry!
Here’s a link and description for each book:
- House of Refuge – Justin Agnarsson is stationkeeper and lone crewman of South Atlantic House of Refuge #49, a floating sanctuary for the thousands of mariners and seasteading families who live and work in the 350-mile long Plata Raft. Now, war threatens to bring an end to his lifesaving mission as an Argentine warship pursues a pair of refugees to the station. A house of refuge is supposed to be inviolable, but the Argentines are hell-bent on their mission. Alone and virtually defenseless, Agnarsson faces an impossible choice between duty and survival. But when the brutality of war threatens to unravel the fabric of civilization, more than lives are at stake. House of Refuge was the second place winner of the 2014 Libertarian Fiction Authors/Students for Liberty Short Fiction Contest. The Kindle edition contains the original short story, plus exclusive bonus artwork and an appendix exploring some of the organizations, locations, and equipment featured in the story.
- Population of Loss – The Martian onslaught has crushed earth’s mightiest empires and reduced the great achievements of civilization to poisoned rubble, but mankind still endures.
From the ruins of England to the desolate American west, unexpected champions arise to confront a foe that has never yet known defeat, and the stakes are nothing less than the survival of the human race.
Population of Loss, the first volume in the Martian War Chronicles, contains four short stories of superheroes and paranormal menace set amid the carnage of the War of the Worlds.
In Hoc Signo: In earth’s darkest hour comes man’s greatest hero, the Signalman
The Lost Boy: A tale of Fey and Spirits and those left behind
The Devil to Pay: A cursed western vigilante takes his vengeance on the Martians
The Lights Go Out: As a new Dark Age descends, the Void Knights rise to ensure man’s survival
- Copper Knights & Granite Men – A brazen band of robbers raids the New York Metropolitan Museum. Their target? The Prince’s Emblazoned, an elaborate suit of armor rumored to be of surpassing occult significance. To ensure their escape, the thieves release an unprecedented weapon: a mist that turns men to stone.
The Challenger Foundation, a team of dysfunctional and unorthodox superheroes, is called in to help. Led by the 900-year-old alchemist called the Promethean, the team must unravel the mystery of the fossilization solution and confront the architect of the plot, a deadly supernatural enemy thought dead for more than a century.
Copper Knights and Granite Men is a witty and suspenseful superhero adventure that draws from the King in Yellow mythos and taps the secret occult history of North America. This first entry in the Challenger Confidential series contains the 66 page novelette, plus interior illustrations and a 33 page appendix exploring the Ascension Epoch universe.
- Salamander Six – The island of St. Martin is the glittering jewel of the French Caribbean. When fire threatens its narrow streets and skyscraper-studded waterfronts, the daring airborne firemen of Marin-Pyronef answer the call. Their remotely piloted drones can suffocate flames before conventional fire engines could even roll out of the station, while their jumpcraft can drop rescuers onto the roofs of buildings that no ladder could reach. This is the vision that the company’s founder, veteran smoke jumper Florian Archambeault, has spent the last twenty years building into a model of firefighting excellence.
Now, in a single afternoon, seventy years of domination by St. Martin’s corrupt Colonial Administration comes crashing down. In haste to evacuate after a stunning military defeat, four people are trapped atop the administration headquarters by a raging fire. Locked in a safe room with their air supply running low, only one fire company has a chance to save them. This is the rescue that would make Marin-Pyronef’s reputation on the world stage, and finally vindicate what Florian has spent a lifetime trying to prove.
But there’s a problem.
Among those trapped is despised colonial commissioner Pascal Beaulieu, the man who ruined and exiled Florian two decades ago. Will Florian’s sense of duty trump his thirst for revenge? Can he afford to save the most hated man on the island?
- After Dark – When he was five, Sebastian Pereira watched the Target beat up a bank robber. Ever since then, he’s wanted to be a superhero. Now a teenager, he’s chasing the dream. As the water-controlling psychic vigilante called Torrent, he prowls the streets of Pittsburgh, doing his best to right wrongs and keep his double life a secret.
But life in the mask brings more challengers than he anticipated, and even dual superpowers aren’t always enough. Besides facing down the street thugs, monsters, and madmen, he’s got to master his hormones and keep his conscience. With help from his paranormally gifted crush and his thrill-seeker best friend, he just might make it — and they just might make the best superhero team in the Burgh.
- The Dismal Tide – The East End Irregulars are taking a bite out of the Pittsburgh underworld. Teen vigilantes Torrent and the Mysterious X have already walloped werecats and beaten the mad gasser of Panther Hollow. Now they’re finally getting the attention they deserve: from the press, the police, and the worst lowlifes the city has to offer. With Corona’s pyrokinetic firepower added to the team, they’re ready to take on all challengers.
Or are they?
Before the Irregulars can claim their title as the Burgh’s undisputed champions, they must run a gauntlet of foes including the Flying Skeletons, the satanic Mr. Gentry, and the assembled might of the Global Parahuman Revolutionary Army. And the city’s other superheroes may have something to say about it, too.
The sequel to 2014’s Young Adult superhero adventure After Dark, The Dismal Tide is the second novel in the East End Irregulars series.